It’s almost that time of year again! Freshers week is set to start on Sunday 15th September, welcoming new students and returning students alike with a range of activities and events for everyone. With so many events on offer for this years UCLan Students’ Union Freshers week, there is sure to be something you’d like to get involved with. Here at Let Pads, we are Preston’s leading student accommodation providers, and we know just how important Freshers week can be for new students, and students that are returning from the summer beak. That’s why we’ve picked out some of the key events that you shouldn’t miss out on this Freshers week. For the full list of more than 21 Student Union events, with even more to be added and updated, visit the official website.
UCLan Students Union Freshers Events 2019
- Kick off your Freshers week with a welcome BBQ from 12pm on Sunday 15th September. You can meet new people, get to know your SU building and surroundings and find out what will be happening in the week to come. And if you stay after 4pm, you can even get your karaoke on with the massioke event. You’ll find plenty of microphones and big screens so you can sing along with live student bands.
- You don’t want to miss the Freshers Fair from 11-3pm on Monday 16th September. This is a great way to see whats on offer, which clubs and societies you can get involved with, or any other opportunities that are going on. Over the rest of the week, a dedicated societies fair, and sports fair will be hosted so you dont miss out on finding your new family.
- The Big Fat Freshers Quiz is a great way to hang out with your new friends and get to know the student bar. From 9pm on Monday 16th September.
- You wont want to miss the launch of Lollipop on Wednesday 18th September from 9pm. This is a great chance to relax and have fun, as well as meet new people.
- If food is more your thing, why not check out the range of welcome meals, from vegan to Mexican, there is something for everyone. But you will need to book in advance. So find out more on the official website.