With Christmas just a few days away, the chances are you have already started to prepare. But if your budget is tight, and you don’t have as much free cash as you would like, you might be tempted to stick your head in the sand until it’s all over. Here at Let Pads, we are Preston’s leading student accommodation providers, and we now how hard life as a student can be. Especially at Christmas. As a result, we have produced this guide about how to celebrate Christmas on a student budget.
How to Celebrate Christmas on a student budget
- Set a budget- talk to your family and friends and agree on a reasonable gift budget. At this time of year, everything is geared around making consumers want to consume even more. But that isn’t necessarily what Christmas is all about. So make sure you spend time with family and friends, and enjoy their company, rather than the expensive price tags.
- Secret Santa- of you have a large family, why not consider setting up a secret Santa? That way you will only need to buy one gift, instead of many.
- Get creative- you could save money on gifts by creating your own presents to send out. From sewing and knitting, to woodwork and painting, there are a lot of ways to make quality gifts for the people you care about.
- Avoid spending money on alcohol- of course you will be invited to a large number of Christmas parties, but that doesn’t mean you need to drink at them all! Budget your costs of travel expenses and gifts, and make sure you don’t overspend in the run up to Christmas.
- Save money on food- Don’t be tempted to splash out on extravagant food just because its Christmas. If you are preparing the Christmas dinner, why not shop around for the cheapest prices? You’ll be surprised at the savings you could make.
We hope you all have a lovely Christmas, from everyone here at Let Pads.