If you’re choosing a university this September, you might be interested in getting to know what you can expect from the city itself, and not just the university. Student nightlife is a big part of the university experience, and you’ll want to make sure you choose a city with the most to offer. So why not consider Preston? After all, Preston has recently been announced as the ninth best place in the UK for a student night out!
Choose Preston for a great student night!
Recent research by the team over at I SAW IT FIRST has analysed a variety of factors to find the best towns and cities across the UK for a student night out. These factors include details such as:
- the number of bars and clubs
- the cost of a taxi
- the number of takeaways
- the cost of a pint
- the safety of the city at night
Preston made the top ten list, coming in at number 9. Huddersfield claimed the number one spot, while other cities including Liverpool, Newcastle and Leeds also made it into the top ten.
Where is the best student night in Preston?
So if you’re looking for a good night out in Preston, where should you go? Well, the team at Blog Preston have put this question to existing students on twitter, who have provided fairly extensive answers:
- If you’re on a tight budget visit the Twelve Tellers (Church Street Wetherspoon), or on a Thursday you can get 99p drinks for only 99p entry at Rift Bar
- If you’re looking for a prime pre-drinks location, Review Bar is the place to be
- If you need somewhere when everywhere else is closed, Blitz is perfect
- You can’t beat Evoque on a Saturday
- You can get free entry to Baker Street on a Thursday, as well as 10 per cent off all main line drinks.
And on top of that you also have the Students Union.
Here at Let Pads, we are Preston’s leading student accommodation providers. And if you’re an existing student, let us know what you think of Preston’s nightlife, and which bars would you advise new students to check out?