It has been announced that The University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) has been shortlisted in five different categories for the Times Higher Education (THE) Awards 2022. These awards are regarded as the ‘Oscars of higher education’, and with nominations in five different categories, UCLan is placed alongside the University of Glasgow as one of the universities with the most nominations for this years awards.
UCLan is a finalist in the following categories:
- Business School of the Year (Lancashire School of Business & Enterprise)
- Outstanding Entrepreneurial University
- Outstanding Research Supervisor of the Year (Professor Soo Downe, Professor of Midwifery)
- Research Project of the Year: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences (Domestic Abuse Policy Guidance for UK Universities – Dr Roxanne Khan)
- Knowledge Exchange/Transfer Initiative of the Year (Manchester Metropolitan University, in collaboration with UCLan and Swellaway Ltd).
Speaking on the matter, Vice-Chancellor Professor Graham Baldwin said:
“What fantastic news. It’s such a testament to the innovation, hard work and commitment at the University of Central Lancashire that we are one of only two universities with an impressive five nominations for these awards. UCLan is a place where we are always striving to make things better – whether that’s for our students through the real world learning experiences and the support we provide, or through our academics’ strength in research, which can and does change lives. We are all very proud to be recognised on these shortlists once again, as we continue to grow and develop within the sector.”
Here at Let Pads, we provide stunning student accommodation across Preston, for all UCLan students. All bills including WiFi are included. With central locations, and high quality interiors, our student accommodation could be perfect for you. Why not get in touch today?